Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Steak


I should be working right now, but I need a quick breather, which I will take in the form of a blog update. I have been in Philadelphia for a bit which explains the lack of blogging.

My very first "project" here of course had to do with food, and basically involved my consumption of beef for the first time in 17 years, all in the name of "work."





Did I enjoy it? I can most definitely say I did not. Was it good? I have no idea, because I don't really know what a "good" cheesesteak is supposed to taste like. Following the advice of my cousin who lived in Philly for 4 years (and went to Temple only because she opened up a brochure they sent her in the mail right to a page with Bill Cosby's picture on it), I went to Pat's King of Steaks. She was not the only person who said that the "dirtier" of the two famous cheesesteak places made better sandwiches.

And so you are asking...
No, I am not back to eating meat. And the flavor coated my mouth for a day and a half, no matter how many times I brushed. And I am still having some stomach issues a week later.

Post Script: I actually really only "ate" half the sandwich. The other half I pretty much spit into napkins.

3 comments:

Kartek said...

Is that even real cheese on top or some sort of liquid cheese food product?

Small Fry Crafts said...

Cheese Whiz! It was really orange. I used to eat that stuff growing up. Trust me, that was not the worst part about the sandwich.

Susannah said...

oh goodness. i thought it would suck you back into the world of meaty treats, but i guess not so much...well, cupcakes are good...