Thursday, October 7, 2010

Vegan Baking Frenzy


I went on a bit of a vegan baking kick recently. In 2 short weeks I had managed to make 2 batches of vegan mint chocolate cupcakes, peanut butter bars, and peanut butter pillows, which are basically chocolate cookies filled with warm oozing peanut butter.

I learned that the best way to make frosting with vegan butter is to stick the frosting in the fridge after it is made, then let it rest at room temp for 30 minutes or so until it is the right consistency for frosting. The frosting should remain pretty firm for a bit after that (to be honest, the cupcakes never lasted long enough to see if the frosting lasted more than 8 hours or so). If you skip the put-in-the-fridge step, the vegan frosting tends to melt and drip all over the place.




Mint Chocolate Cupcakes.



Peanut Butter Pillows.



Peanut Butter Bars.

Next challenge? Vegan Lemon Bars and Brownies. I have faith they will be tasty!

No comments: