Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Are We Not Cookie?


I ask, because just because a dessert is vegan does not mean it can't taste amazing. This is the second time in 5 days I have made these awesome vegan oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies. I admit I don't use vegan chips (I HATE CAROB. There, I said it), but you would never know this recipe was missing an egg or two.



Advantages to vegan baking:

1) Don't have eggs? No worries, you won't be using them. But you should have vegan baking staples on hand such as vegetable oil, soy milk, and apple cider vinegar (which is an awesome substitute for eggs when mixed with baking soda).

2) You can eat the batter raw without worrying about Sal Monella and his hit-man friends that give one E.Coli and all other types of stomach illness.

3) The recipes are so much easier to make, and often you can combine ingredients by hand without having to drag out a mixer.

If I one day serve these to you and you are anti-veggie, I promise you that you will be fooled. Here's to two days of cookies for breakfast and lunch!

No comments: