Friday, January 7, 2011

Sick but Eating


I've been really sick the past 3 weeks and have a lot of food posting to do, but here's a quick, looksie (or "look-see": this was a New York Times Crossword Puzzle answer a few years ago, and I actually got it right! I believe the clue was something along the lines of, "To examine") of the past week.

My friend DRG was visiting from Hotlanta, and we did a lot of eating in a short amount of time.

First a trip to Brown Sugar Kitchen, where I haven't been since they opened. These days, it is a smooth operation. Not only was my food served HOT (I totally wasn't expecting that), but it was awesome. I literally had a smile on my face as I was eating breakfast.





DRG got his own big waffle and a slab of bacon, while Head Chef and I both had poached eggs (to be more precise: perfectly poached) and grits, and split a crisp waffle with apple butter syrup (or whatever the syrup was. I wanted to take home the leftovers in a goodie bag!).

+++

Next up, a trip to Japantown, which I haven't been to in 5 years (way too long) for bubble tea, robot art, and treats.


(Spoils from the trip. Yummy Dulce de Leche Kit Kats in snack-friendly baggies. My new favorite treat!)




Also thrown into the mix a trip to get Thai food. I was happy with my fake barbecue meat dish, but DRG was not amused with his lamb dish, which unfortunately for him came with quinoa. I personally love the stuff, but he tried to cover and disguise it in peanut sauce. Apparently, this did nothing for him.


After my friend's short but eventful visit, Head Chef made me a bowl of delicious scallion and ginger noodles inspired by David Chang.




Perfect for a runny nose and sore throat. Delicious for everyone!!! (Even the leftovers the next day!)

Hope your New Year is off to good foodie start!



No comments: