(Why is this font bold? I do not understand you, Blogger.)
+++
Today Head Chef and I went on a little foodie trip in SF. We went to Delfina Pizzeria for the first time, where I promise you I kind of died and went to purgatory or maybe even heaven when I tried this:

It is called Mozzarella in Carozza. When I asked the waitress what it was, she said something about cheese and a carriage. I sort of stopped listening when she said the words, "topped with an anchovy and brown butter sauce." You bet that was the clincher for me. Basically, it is Acme bread and breaded fresh mozz fried and topped with the amazing aforementioned sauce. It was almost, ALMOST, too good to be true.
And then I tried the panna pizza. Tomato sauce, cream, basil and shaved parmigiano. The cheese on top just melted perfectly into the pie. How can I explain this pizza? HEAVEN. A most delicious concoction and amazing, perfect crust. Not wood-fired oven crust, but crazy HEAVEN I SAY! in its own right.
+++
Finally, off to Humphry Slocombe, where I watched an employee take an order over the phone for 2 packages of Boccalone Lard Caramels (they also had some Bacon Peanut Brittle in stock. I tried neither). I sampled a flavor called Jesus Juice (red wine and coke classic), which was yummy and very sorbet-y, but settled on an old favorite, Salt n Pepa, while Head Chef had a scoop of the Guinness Gingerbread (exactly what it sounds like). The perfect end to a perfect foodie day. Now I can nap happily.


No comments:
Post a Comment