Thursday, March 12, 2009

Green Pasta


Who knew it could be so good?


Rue McClanahan.

Making pasta.

So I was unable to get photos of the finished product, a lasagna, because my camera ran out of batteries. But there was chard and assorted cheeses and rue and stuff in it. And it was delicious indeed.

+++

In other news, I have the song that Juliana Hatfield sang on My So-Called Life stuck in my head (YouTube it here if you've forgotten) and am thinking about vegan chocolate cupcakes.

Years ago in New York I had quite the stomach issues, and so +++tried to ++ avoid dairy and wheat for almost a year. In honor of this, and inspired by last Sunday's NY Times Magazine, I will be baking the cupcake recipe that was featured. Because really, it isn't so bad restricting one's diet that way. But then again, that was in NYC, and there's a store and restaurant for everyone (hello, vegan ice-cream sundaes at Vegetarian Paradise II? And, what, you will indeed DELIVER said ice-cream to Kangaroo B's apartment?!).

Anyway, I'll tell you how it goes. I only expect yummy things.

No comments: