
This week, Head Chef prepared plates of asparagus with shallot, white beans and his wonderful homemade bread with goat cheese on top. Healthy and yummy.
+++
In other news, for the past few months this writer has been plagued with what is supposedly acid reflux. This winter an ENT stuck a microscope up my nostril and down my throat and determined that he did not see anything funny, but that I simply had acid reflux. Which results in many-a-waking in the middle of the night with not only what feels like a giant lump in my throat, but also an urge to vomit. So now the enjoyment of eating comes with a big price, a big lump, and a big wanting to vomit (the lump and vomit feeling are hanging out right now, actually).
Nexium is not helping. Am I supposed to give up coffee? The doctor never told me that, but he did say I should not eat after 6:30 PM, which has been difficult to do. I ate at 5:30 yesterday and the lumpy-vomit is still there! Ah, well, maybe this will force me to appreciate the food I ingest even more.
+++
In other other news, there was an A. Bourdain sighting in SF recently, and unfortunately, that sighting was not by The Team :(
No comments:
Post a Comment