Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My New Friend


Is processed food. Specifically, in the form of multigrain frozen waffles from Trader Joe's (they are actually called Van's. Yes, like the shoe). To balance out the processing, I have been eating them with Grade A maple syrup (apparently the cheapest, and probably worst type of maple syrup), which I assume has to be better for you than Aunt Jemima (at least I don't see corn in the list of ingredients). See their glamour shot pose together below.



I have yet to take a photo of oven-toasted waffles because they are really not that attractive. But maybe I will, since I'll be eating them all week. So hold onto your pants everyone (or all 3 of you) for a really exciting photo of waffles to come.

+++

In unrelated news, for the love of man I cannot figure out how to "add" people's blogs to my screen like everyone else does. The Blogger tutorial does not apply to my version of Blogger, because every button they tell me to click on is non-existent on my screen. If there is a secret decoder ring that will help me unravel this mystery, please send me an email. I may make you an offer. Thanks!

3 comments:

Kangaroo B said...

I am a pretty big consumer of the vans myself. But, seeing as how you know how to cook, and evidently have the tools to make real waffles, why are you settling for frozen vans?

Susannah said...

um, wondering....are they yummy? is that the lure? or is this a new piece in teh making? or...????

and maybe we can blog unravel together...let me look and see what button it is...

Kartek said...

Maybe it has something to do with your background. But you go to layout tab, and there should be a rough diagram of your blog. Under links, click "edit" and there you can add links. Make sure your pop up blocker is off cuz it pops up in a new window. Hope this helps.