Well, actually the day after Christmas in New York, I met one of my best friends at the Greatest Place on Earth, the Hungarian Pastry Shop in Morningside, for coffee and and croissants with apricot jam.
It was a very windy and rainy New York day, but we managed to meet my other best friend for the new Almodovar movie (I am a diehard fan, but can't say it was my favorite), and then ran into the Whole Foods at Columbus Circle for shelter and food. It is rare that I actually sit down and eat at a Whole Foods, but I must admit my Indian Food was pretty frikkin' good, and my Dulce de Leche cake didn't exactly ruin my day either.
(I can honestly say that in spite of the crazy weather, it was one of those days when I really missed New York. Being there made me miss home and my family and friends. I love the idea of not having a real plan and having the opportunity to say, "Let's Go Here!" And actually being able to get there because New York is a place where literally you can pretty much do anything, and actually be able to get there easily! because of the subway or even take a taxi when you're feeling lazy. Do you hear that, The Place where I Currently Live? TAXIS AND GOOD PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION).
To make a long story short, we ended up at my friend Nic's favorite bar in the neighborhood that back in my day was called "Alphabet City" (it's hilarious just even thinking about it!).
And it's funny how a handful of Happy Hour tokens can magically turn a few drinks...
...Into many, many drinks.



1 comment:
Sorry I couldn't meet up, but yes the weather that day was miserable. Glad you had fun and survived it. We'll have to meet up next time.
Post a Comment