To help ring in the New Year, Head Chef and I headed to Delfina Restaurant in the Mission (which is right next to the Delfina Pizzeria mentioned in a previous post). Suffice it to say that it was delicious and everything I hoped for.
First off, the basket of bread they placed in front of us (and happily refilled) housed the most spectacular, soft sourdough on this planet. From where do you originate, oh wonderous bread?
Next we had grilled calamari with warm bean salad (deliciousness) and french fries with rosemary and thyme (guess whose decision that was).
Head Chef had the roasted chicken with olive oil mashed potatoes and I ordered the straight-up spaghetti with plum tomatoes and pepperoncini, with a nice serving of fresh parmesan on top. Heaven, and exactly exactly what I was craving!
Believe it or not, I passed on dessert as I was way beyond stuffed (that bread basket and the fries did me in). There will be more on the fries later!
Happy as can be, we made our way to a New Year's party. But not before stopping for pie! (I don't really count that as dessert, but I guess it is).
I get full just thinking about that glorious dinner.


1 comment:
sounds like a great (amd yummy) way to start the new year! :)
Post a Comment