Monday, January 18, 2010

Foodstuffs


I have been enjoying quite lovely food this past weekend. A trip to Pizzaiolo for breakfast, Tacubaya (one of my top two most favorite restaurants in the Bay Area, and possibly in the world--and if I'm including the world, the other being The Gardens of Taxco in West Hollywood).



Last night Head Chef made a no-knead bread for the first time. Surprisingly, in spite of the lack of kneading, it was amazingly soft and moist on the inside and crispy on the outside, which I'm sure had something to do with the fact that it baked in a dutch oven. It tasted delicious, but I'm too much of a bread novice to be able to accurately describe it in terms of bread flavors.




Chef also made this hearty, delicious beet and potato salad with smoked salmon and vinaigrette. It was so lovely and colorful, and it tasted just as good as it looked.




The food frenzy continued, with Chef making pancakes this morning. (Notice our coffee table-coffee table, upon which we stained it with actual coffee cup stains. So very cheesy--we got the idea years and years ago from a magazine.) And now he is making dinner! Nothing like a continually full stomach.

No comments: