Last night, Head Chef made pasta with chard topped with a lovely almond and garlic pesto. Extremely delightful, especially since my diet for the past week (due to some yukky sickness--coughing, sneezing, sore throat, tiredness, general yukky ickiness) has mostly consisted of toast with butter, ginger ale, and ice cream.
I never thought this possible, but I actually have not had much of an appetite lately because of this crazy mutant sinus infection that has been following me around. Imagine my disappointment this weekend when I excitedly bit into a frosted cookie from the local Arizmendi...and realized I could not taste it. I ate a giant bowl of chocolate pudding tonight with a ridiculous amount of whipped cream...and I cereally could not really taste that either (but I kept eating it, hoping I could taste each successive bite).
Well, at least my salt taste buds are still around. I put extra salt on my toast. I think being under the weather can make a foodie actually think that toast is the best-tasting foodstuff on the planet. Right now it sure seems like that.
Oh, taste buds of the sweet kind, where have you gone?

No comments:
Post a Comment