Friday, May 14, 2010

Belated Update


Well, it's been a while, but I have indeed been eating heartily.

These images are just a a wee bit old, but anyway... This was a vegan chocolate (belated!) birthday cake I made for Head Chef's birthday. I'm not sure if I have ever used this recipe before--it had orange juice in it to add moisture, and I could taste a hint of it in the cake. I'm not going to say the cake wasn't yummy (I did eat it for 4 straight days, if you know what I mean), but it threw me off a bit. Next time, I am sticking to my non-orange juice vegan cake recipes.



This here was breakfast served for dinner. Total yumsters! The potatoes were absolutely delicious, made by Head Chef in his ever-versatile cast iron skillet. And the eggs were creamy and smooth.



And finally, this frikkin' amazing salad with potato, green bean, carrot, corn, and chick pea with a poached egg on top. I mean, this is one of the tastiest meals one can put in one's stomach. The english muffins, from Arizmende, and when toasted in that aforementioned cast iron skill, were doubly tasty.


Hope you are all eating well!

No comments: