Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sicky-Poo


A foodie complaint

For the second year in a row, Anthony Bourdain is coming to town as part of his book signing tour. But in the Bay Area, it has become a "thing" for his appearances to be at expensive restaurants, where you now have to buy 100-plus dollar tickets to get a book signed by him. Just because it costs an arm and a leg to live in the Bay Area does not mean EVERYONE is rich! I am annoyed. Why do New York and other major metropolitan cities get to see him for free? WHY?!

+++

A foodie book story

Today I went to the library hopped up on Theraflu and wearing these crazy glasses that have a too-strong prescription, and literally felt like I was in a circus--the entire room was closing in on me. The funny thing is that I'm a sucker for mysteries, and in the "New Mystery" section was a book with an illustrated pizza slice on it, titled, "Murder by the Slice," which touts "Recipes Inside!" on the book jacket. I of course picked up the book. Head Chef asked, "Are you sure this isn't a children's book?" I felt delirious from the meds and the glasses and the head throbbing--I laughed yes. I shall give you a review of the book soon!

+++

Onto food...

Now, as much as I look forward to my sicky meals of ginger ale and toast, it is nice to have some variety. The past couple nights, Head Chef has made some delicious foodstuffs.


This delicious pasta with homemade roasted red pepper sauce and goat cheese...


...And this delicious pizza with the same roasted red pepper sauce, pickled onion, corn, and goat cheese.


Tonight Head Chef is making dragon bowls, after Angelica Kitchen in the East Village. I'm looking forward to this non-toast meal! Off to nap.


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

can't wait to hear about the mystery! I've been devouring the millenium series...you have to check em out! so good!