Friends, I am here to admit that the book I took out from the library yesterday is about as bad as it sounds. I not only got the title wrong in the previous post--it's "A Slice of Murder," not "Murder by the Slice"--but I described the cover incorrectly as well. It's not a slice of pizza that's drawn on it, but actually an entire pizza, with the pepperoni arranged on top to look like a skull.
I'm not sure if I have the heart to read through it entirely, but I might skip to the end parts to see who-dunnit.
Thankfully, I am in the middle of a well-written and magical piece of fiction titled, "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell"--reading it has been the funnest part of being sick in bed. I read the first chapter of the pizza mystery last night, and immediately switched over to Jonathan Strange.
I have learned my lesson. Just because "pizza" and "mystery" are two of my most favorite things, the combo does not guarantee a good read.
No comments:
Post a Comment