Monday, August 3, 2009

Cupcake Alert




After the cheese and beans meal (from the entry below), Greg took us to Billy's Bakery, where I've never been before. We missed the giant crowd by only a couple of minutes!

I of course requested "the cupcake with the most frosting" (pictured below) which happened to be sitting at the front of the glass case, and the cupcake helper happily obliged.

Again, the vanilla cupcake suffered from slightly dryish-cake syndrome, but it really hit the spot, the buttercream frosting with (always a bonus!) jimmies was abundant and yummy, and overall the cupcake was especially scrumptious paired with yet another ice coffee.





The cakes and such looked truly beautiful.




Karin's key lime pie, above.

Believe it or not, I was too full to finish the entire cupcake! I never thought I would ever get to that point, but it happened. The beans and cheese did me in.

That night, I slept very, very well.



1 comment:

Kartek said...

It's still a travesty that I couldn't finish that key lime pie slice. Better luck next time!