
Okay, the photo is pretty bad and makes the ganache on top of some of those cakes look like poopie, but I think I just experienced my proudest cupcake moment ever. Not only did I mix everything by hand, but these mint chocolate cupcakes rose perfectly and the frosting was beautiful (if I may say so myself).
I am going to try to forego the electric mixer from now on, to test myself and see if I am truly ready to start attending school this fall for a Certificate in Baking and Pastry in SF (I would set up the link, but it's a link to a large PDF, and it will inevitably screw up your browser). The reason for this crazy idea is that I have not been able to find a job since being laid off last summer, and when I do see jobs in my field, it is hard not to notice that some of them pay $20,000 less than what I was previously making. So I figure, why the heck not?
Here's to the recession!
PS: The cupcakes are vegan!
No comments:
Post a Comment