It's been a while since Head Chef has made bread from
his homemade sourdough starter.



Looks silly, but this is what becomes of it:

The kitchen smells heavenly.
+++
And in other cupcake news, my friend J. thoughtfully sent this to me in the mail. What a surprise!, as I have been known to browse this one frequently while in the bookstore.

Although I do not quite agree with their store-bought-is-better philosophy in terms of frosting, the decorating tips are fantastic. This, along with the vegan cupcake book from Chef, is a call for a Cupcake Party! In the vegan book there are magnificent-sounding recipes for flavors such as dulce sin leche (that's what they call it, since there's no real milk in it) and red velvet. I can't wait to hold a cupcake party, sneaking in some vegan treats to fool the naysayers.
2 comments:
I think you need to make a Mackie-themed vegan cupcake... and then find a way to send it to me.
You might have to come to the Cupcake Party for that. How does one keep an anthropomorphic cupcake from being ruined in the mail?
Post a Comment