Thursday, May 28, 2009

Free Lunch



My mother constantly asks me if I have been getting what she calls (in her heavy accent)  "Pree Lunch." Which could be interpreted as 
Free Lunch. But in reality, what she is trying to say is Freelance. As in Freelance Work. 

Pree Lunch rarely involves an actual Free Lunch. Sometimes there is a free beverage, like a water or a coffee. But usually I end up buying my own coffee because I arrive at the meeting before the client does. 

Anyway, there were Good Times Foodstuffs involved this past weekend, most notably the non-barbecue Memorial Day dinner with Head Chef. Two yummy veggie dogs with mustard, ketchup and relish (I could have eaten more than two veggie dogs, believe me) and an amazing potato salad with vinaigrette courtesy Head Chef (I had two huge helpings of this! Yumstas).

Hopefully some vegan desserts to come this weekend. I have been thinking a lot about that vegan lemon cake I recently made (see previous post), and how it's too bad one cannot really make half a vegan lemon cake, unless I can find a really itty bitty pan.

For now, it's back to trying to get some pree lunch.







No comments: