Of my parents' house to be specific. I have not suffered for (or is it from?) lack of food here on the East Coast. Practically every day since I've been here I have had something yummy from the backyard garden.
Tomatoes.
Wee cherry tomatoes (I had some of these for breakfast this morning).

Peppers, that are apparently a big hit with the neighborhood rabbits (and yummy when you can snag 'em before the bunnies do).
Eggplant, delicious in my mom's various veggie dishes. Really, what makes these taste so incredibly tasty compared to those giant baseball-bat things from the grocery store? Those are usually quite a bit tougher and bitter. If you have any idea what makes backyard eggplant taste so good, please let me know.
My favorite part of the backyard is running to take a few leaves of incredibly intense basil to slap on an avocado, mozz, and tomato (from the garden, of course) sandwich.

Bonus: fragrant lavender, which my mom sticks in vases around the house.
Peppers, that are apparently a big hit with the neighborhood rabbits (and yummy when you can snag 'em before the bunnies do).
Bonus: fragrant lavender, which my mom sticks in vases around the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment