Monday, July 20, 2009

Nerdville




Really, I am a nerd ghetto foodie. And M. indulged me by taking us to Frontera Grill while I was in Chicago. It was worth the 2-hour wait!!!

After chips and guac and a refreshing margarita, we finally got a table after a somewhat agonizing delay (phew).


Do you see those salsas pictured above? Seriously excellent.

(Pardon the gross photo above, but I had my cheap camera on me.) For the record, I had THE most incredible fish tacos I have ever had in my life at Frontera. Just thinking about it is driving me crazy.

M. had chicken enchiladas in a delicious mole sauce. Y U M people!!!

Of course I had to order desert. A duo of flans in rasberry sauce. One vanilla flan, the other a honey and "Bayless lavendar" flan. The consistency of the flan was unlike any other I have tasted. Filipino flans are especially notorious for being on the verging-on-gross eggy side and are sort of heavy. These flans, my friends, were perfectly light and delicious. To be continued in December! (There is apparently more food to be tasted, so I am already planning a return trip.) Thank you M. for an amazing foodie trip!

No comments: