Saturday, February 21, 2009

Busy in the Kitchen



Head Chef busy searing pork shoulder before putting it in the oven for a few hours...


On Thursday, an incredible homemade squash red curry over rice was achieved. Why can't Thai restaurants around here make it half as good? The Bay Area is really lacking some good Thai food. After some pretty  awful recommendations, I'm beginning to realize that either people's idea of decent Thai food is different on this side of the country, or everyone's just going to the wrong places. The same is true for Indian food. I don't care if they have good naan. I am talking about an entire Indian meal, not just the bread part!

(To it's credit, there is kick-butt Mexican in these parts, and it can be had on the cheap. As well as scrumptious gourmet pizza, but you pay up the wazoo for that.)

No comments: