A typical day in my life in NY.
I used to work on 50th and 3rd. After a bowl of cereal in Brooklyn, I would go to the Starbucks right next to work and get a Vente Frappuccino or Mocha. On Mondays, the president of the company would treat us to 300 dollars worth (! so goes the rumor) of assorted gigantic bagels and a variety of cream cheeses from Ess-a-Bagel. And once I got to my desk I would also usually start my first Coke of the day.
At lunch, it ranged from a ginormous burrito from Blockheads to a couple of pizza slices with my office buddy Jill. Then back to the office where there happened to also be a McDonald's right next to the Starbucks. Caramel Sundae with Nuts on Top, here I come!
On Fridays, the crazy company hosted Snack Time Fridays where everyone (there were only about 30 of us) would gather in the conference room for cupcakes from Buttercup Bake Shop (always making sure there were plenty leftover) or cookies and whatnot and watch some cheesy jokester PowerPoint quiz my boss had made or a weirdo video.
On the way home usually, five times a week--I am not kidding you--I would grab a Snickers bar from the newstand.
Besides the fact that I was always eating French Fries from wherever, Chocolate Chip Pancakes from Bliss in Williamsburg (almost every single weekend) and tons of assorted cookies. And as long as they were in season, Peeps (grossness!).
How in the world did I stay so thin? I realize I was like 9000 years younger then. But honestly, I also attribute it to the fact that NYC is the walking city capital of the world. I walked on average about 2 hours a day, and if that did not happen, at least 1 and a half hours. And I always climbed the long-ass subway escalator (I know it's not steps, but still, it is a pretty long ways up) at 53rd and 3rd--in general I am too antsy to wait on moving escalators. In my current neighborhood if I walked that long, chances are something quite violent would happen.
Anyway, the last time I was in NYC I walked 7 straight hours without a food break. It felt like nothin'! Funny how that city does that to you.
I now live a sedentary lifestyle while I keep shoveling the food in.
Tonight I am making a Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake.
PS: I notice I have another follower! Well, hello there!
1 comment:
Ahhhh! Blockheads! Bliss! Bagels! I miss NYC! I hate the sedentary life.
Post a Comment