Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A cold rainy morning



Is perfect for tea and hot buttered popcorn.



And a large mug of coffee. With Stevia.
What is up with the Stevia?

Most of last year I suffered from severe tingling in my hands, fingers, feet and toes. My neurologist thought I had MS, but all my MRIs and tests kept coming out negative. My chiropractor, who I cannot thank enough for help easing my symptoms, was convinced
I had Rumsfeld Disease (even though my doctors laughed at this suggestion--and yes, it's named after THAT GUY). I've been a heavy Splenda, Equal and Diet Coke abuser my entire life.

Basically, aspartame is a well-known/-documented neurotoxin. And to make a really long story short, Rummy was the CEO of a giant aspartame manufacturer. And because of his connections with the FDA, he blocked a law from passing in the State of California that would have banned the sale of diet sodas back in the 1980s. So yay, now a disease is named in his honor!

But I'm no saint. Every so often I crave a Diet Coke. After all, I did used to drink a 2-ouncer of it a day. But my tingling's gotten 90 percent better. The end.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Wow crazy! I was having tingling issues but I think it was the fault of my vegan diet at the time. Good thing THAT'S all over! I'm digging the food blog.